Discover the secrets of Massage for Children
Baby Massage is more than just relaxation, it is a wonderful opportunity to connect and bond with your baby. You can massage your new born baby from early weeks right through their adolescence.
Learn how to soothe your baby, learn to understand your baby’s non-verbal language, and it will be enjoyable for both of you.
As a Qualified IMIS Infant Massage Instructor I will teach you everything you need to know about the massage techniques by performing this on a life size doll, while you follow the steps on your baby. The classes are relaxed and paced to allow for nappy changing, feeding or settling your baby.
Benefits of Infant Massage:
- Reduces crying time – research shows babies who are massaged cry less.
- Improves sleep and regulates sleep patterns – increases the hormone serotonin and regulate melatonin which helps regulate sleep patterns
- Ideal for pre-term infants – preterm babies receiving touch therapy and massage gain weight and are discharged earlier from hospital
- Enhances emotions and improves mood – increases dopamine levels which play a role in regulating anger, aggression, mood and appetite
- Improves wind, colic, reflux and constipation – stimulates elimination of waste from the body and abdominal wind
- Relieves sinus and chest congestion - promotes drainage of the sinuses and excess mucus on the chest
- Boosts immune system -research shows massage can positively influence psychological processes and immune function
- Reduces stress hormone levels in children and their parents - massage measurably decreases cortisol (stress hormone) levels in both children and their parents
- Early diagnosis of potential health issues - parents who massage their infant each day are more likely to notice changes in their child’s physical condition
- Eczema- a UK study showed significant improvement in eczema symptoms through massage.
- Enhances coordination - Studies have shown infant massage improves left/right brain communication
By learning the baby massage techniques, it can help you in your new role as a caregiver and establish a parent-child relationship and connect with your baby. Baby massage is simple, easy to learn and effective!
This can be in small group sessions or private one on one sessions either in my home lounge at Vondelkade Heemstede or in the comfort of your own home.
1-hour introduction session
You will learn some basic baby massage techniques.
1-hour - € 45 per person
Join our group class, meet other parents and learn more details including the appropriate oils to use, permission sequence, strokes techniques, benefits of massage, infant body language, daily cycle, bonding, touch relaxation and massage for older children.
3 x 1-hour - 3 parents minimum - € 60 per person
This is an alternative for mum and dad or parent and grandparent, who want to learn the massage techniques in the comfort of their own home.
2 x 1.5-hours - 2 people max - € 130 total
Organise your own group
I will come to your mother group or childs play-group to teach you the right techniques at the location of your choice.
3 x 1-hour or 1-hour introduction - 3 mums minimum - DM for quote
This will be an ideal opportunity for you to interact with other mums and bubs, learn how to massage your child and have all your questions and concerns answered by a qualified IMIS Infant Massage Instructor.
In-services at Health Clinics
As an IMIS qualified Paediatric Massage Consultant I am able to provide;
1-2-hour in-services at Early Learning Centres, Child Care Centres, health clinics, hospitals and other organisations to provide a continual professional development opportunity for employees on the benefits of massage for infants and older children.
Please contact me for more detailed information at 06-27128149
**With Covid-19 restrictions on social interaction and keeping a safe distance from each other I will keep the groups small.